cheap veggie gourmet

A blog detailing ways to enjoy a gourmet vegetarian diet on the cheap. Check out recipes, food stories, tips and techniques.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Dip Redux

I'm alone in the house a lot during the day, so I keep things on-hand that I can eat with a minimum of preparation. Most days, lunch is consumed over a two or three hour period, consisting of random handfuls of things from the cupboard or fridge: a fistful of greenbeans here, a hunk of cheddar there... some olives, a handful of breakfast cereal, some raisins.

Every now and then, however, I'll actually have the foresight to prepare food that can be left in the fridge for when I am hungry. Dal, an Indian bean puree, is a favorite for that.

Usually, I make mine with split mung beans. However, I just bought a bunch of red split lentils, and think I will make this instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home